Sunday, February 25, 2007

Reno 911: MIAMI and HOT FUZZ


Just came back from the movies. I saw Reno 911 with a friend of mine and laughed my ass off. This movie has so many great moments in terms of the comedy, the use of the medium, and the aesthetic of the genre -- the Robert Altman-esque motel sequence with the upstairs-downstairs floating camera was freaking brilliant, funny and was set to orchestral music with a music-visual pun that as awesome. Go see this movie. It's based on a Comedy Central series that I enjoy.

Also, I'd been meaning to link to this movie, HOT FUZZ, by the makers of another film I've seen at least 10 times, SHAUN OF THE DEAD. I love these guys so much. They are hysterical. The trailer looks really funny and there are so many great British comedians in it to enjoy. Can't wait for it. It comes out April 13.

No comments: