Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Financing

I'm having a few problems with my schedule these days. Basically, I'm overbooked. The hardest thing for me to do is turn down work. Let me tell you. Especially as an independent producer type. Now, at this point all of this work is on spec (yes, sadly, producers always work on spec), so it's not like I'm turning down paying gigs (then I'd been an executive), but still, I have a really great book project that I'd love to dig into, but unfortunately the amount of time it would take little ole me, by myself, to pull it together is more than I can afford, given that it will probably be at least 2-5 years before I earn any real lucre from it.

My little side-ventures are also taking up a lot of time, so I have to balance the payoff from those (much more immediate) with my own strong feelings about the material that I have to turn away....

Anyhow, this all made me think about doing a little mini-series about independent financing. It's sort of off-topic in terms of the Hollywood industry business itself, and I've noticed that more folks visit the craft and networking posts than any other ones.... So, I'm offering it up. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll dig into the bag of tricks.

BTW, we are up in the triple digits now -- whoowee!! For anyone who referred a friend who referred a friend -- THANKS!! (Big cheesy grin on my face)

No comments: