Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Scary Big Numbers Today

I occasionally check in on the number of page loads and visitors to the blog -- it keeps my spirits up and keeps me writing. Today (a TUESDAY, for Heaven's sake!) the numbers were like, triple what they normally are. Now, I'm getting that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach -- expectation. I hope that as you all read the blog you find the information useful, my comments not to bossy or bitchy, and most of all that they inspire you to screw it and go out there and make movies (not deals, or friends, but actual filmed entertainment (digitally or otherwise)).

At the end of the day, the game is and always will be defined by the last great movie out there.

P.S. The short is motoring along. We found an excellent associate producer (because I can't keep giving up 20-30 hours week from my writing) who is funny, sassy and WROTE DOWN EVERYTHING WE TALKED ABOUT AT THE MEETING!! I love it. BTW, if you are an aspiring producer and ever meet with anyone, take notes. It honestly doesn't matter what they say (but if the other person can see your notepad make sure it's not "this is dumb, this is dumb" over and over again). Seriously, folks who keep track of the details, thus freeing me up to think, are near and dear to my heart. And they always end up getting work.

No comments: